Who wouldn’t like a low-cost web host which will provide you with a ton of impressive features and excellent customer service? One of the most competitive options you have is iPage hosting.
Read any review, and you will be impressed with what you see. Like any web host, however, iPage has its pros and cons. Let’s take a look at each so you can figure out whether this is the right host for your needs.
Pros of iPage:
- It only costs $1.99 starting out, and you get to lock in that low price for three years. That is for iPage’s most popular tier of service, the Essential Plan. You are not going to find hosting that is much cheaper than that and still, offers the kind of feature-rich experience that iPage does.
- Fantastic features include unlimited hosting space and domains, free email addresses, and free blogging and e-commerce features. You also get a free script library for coding. Not code-savvy? Not to worry, they also offer a point-and-click site builder.
- You get $500 in free marketing and security bonuses when you sign up for an account. You get $100 in free advertising credits for AdWords and another $100 in free advertising credits for Bing and Yahoo. Also included is 1GB of free storage from Just Cloud. Finally, you get to protect your site with SiteLock Enhanced Security Software.
- This is a fantastic choice for e-commerce. The free wizard will help you set up a shop in a matter of minutes using beautiful modern templates. This is one of the best hosts you are going to find for running a store online.
- If you are a WordPress blogger, you will be able to import your existing blog with the click of a button or set up a brand new one with ease.
- There is a solution for every need, which offers shared and dedicated hosting accounts, as well as VPS.
- Customer service is available 24/7. Service is phone-based, and agents operate in the USA. The average wait time to get an agent on the line is only two minutes, which is seriously fast! If you prefer, you can also get help online using live chat, or you can view video tutorials in the knowledgebase.
Cons of iPage:
- Because iPage is very feature-rich, it may be a bit overwhelming for some novices. There are multiple dashboards, and while this provides for convenience and control, it can also be confusing if you are a first-time website builder.
- One drawback concerns the fact that you need to pay for at least a year of service at a time. There are three plans: Launch, Essential, and SuperBoost. The Launch and SuperBoost plans can only be purchased in increments of 12, 24, or 36 months. Only the Essential Plan can be purchased one month at a time. If you pay for a month at a time, though, you will be paying a premium. So you have to be willing to commit to trying it (you do get a 30-day free trial though to evaluate the service and make sure you are happy with it).
As you can see, iPage has a lot more advantages than disadvantages! Should you choose them as your web host? That depends on your specific needs.
There is no one-size-fits-all hosting solution out there which is right for everyone. For many users, however, especially those who want to get into e-commerce and run their shops online, iPage is an excellent choice.